- The client required a new Magento 2 website with new designs and merchandising experience
- The client required the integration of its self branded Boston Interiors gift cards with the e-commerce store.
- Customers should be allowed to redeem their Boston Interiors gift card funds during the checkout process and be able to view their existing balance as well.
- This functionality would need to leverage the newly expanded API connectivity offered by the gateway provider.
- Accorin worked closely with Boston Interiors to clarify the specifics of the requirements and feasible options available for the new Magento 2 website.
- Aside from the connectivity with the payment gateway, consideration needed to be given with regard to the integration of the new functionality with the existing internal AS400 system.
- Accorin detailed the requirements and managed the oversight and testing of the third party extension that was developed according to the custom specifications.
- Accorin needed to integrate the extension to work within the highly customized site, one of the key challenges being the integration with the internal AS400 system.
Working with the Boston Interiors team to implement their e-commerce vision using Magento 2 has been a pleasure. Their beautiful product range and great merchandising give customers a wonderful browsing experience that hides the complex back-end integrations needed to make the site work well.
OutcomesBoston Interiors’ customers now have the option to apply a Boston Interiors gift card towards purchase during the enhanced checkout process. In the checkout section the customer can now:
- Click “Apply a Gift Card” and enter the cardholder name, gift card number and the Security Card Value (SCV) number.
- Check the current balance of the gift card.
- Apply the gift card to the order.